IT Support Apprentice
Keibra Apprenticeships have an excited new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with E2E Integration, an IT Managed Service Provider based in Chester. This position will play a key part in supporting us to deliver an exceptional service to our customers, who are at the heart of everything we do.
What will the apprentice be doing?
E2E Integration are an exciting, growing Chester based business who are on the lookout for a talented and passionate IT Support Technician.
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support remotely and on-site
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing and upgrading antivirus and firewall software, alongside vital update patching of devices
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
- Installation and maintenance of client Office 365 services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Keibra Apprenticeships training programmes are delivered face-to-face at our own premises by their Subject Matter Experts. You'll get hands-on experience in all areas of technical support with their bespoke scenario-based training sessions, from configuring devices, to supporting with software, optimising performance, and setting up virtual environments, so that the skills you learn and develop can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners also receive personalised 1-2-1 training sessions, coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Subject Matter Expert who is there to ensure you get the most from your work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Provide technical support to customers both internal and external
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Build, install, and configure relevant software and physical or virtual hardware as appropriate for example: PCs, laptops, mobile devices, network devices, switches, routers, printers, and applications such as Microsoft 365 and anti-virus products.
- Apply the appropriate security policies
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role offers long term security and by working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your apprenticeship programme, upon completion you may be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Strong willingness to learn
- Great time management skills, as you’ll need to work flexibly and under pressure
- Communication skills – you’ll need to be able to deal with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance
- An excellent phone manner
- A keen interest and proven ability of IT knowledge (education or self-tuition)
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Fault finding/troubleshooting ability
- Understanding of IT network features and functions
Things to consider:
You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the role: Have been a UK/EEA resident for the last 3 years, hold valid residency status and have the right to work in the UK.
About the employer:
E2E Integration are a Managed Services Provider, delivering IT services to businesses across the UK. They are fundamentally a customer and service-focused organisation, dedicated to ensuring their customers’ networks and IT systems are highly dependable, secure & cost effective. They offer their customers complete IT solutions ranging from setting up printers, supporting PCs, installing corporate networks, and building business websites.